We rely on our volunteers in engaging with different communities, and putting our anti-drugs messages across. The time, effort, and views they freely give us are highly valued, and crucial in tackling drug problems across the county.
We therefore pledge that:
- We regard volunteers as an essential and distinctive part of Bucks DAAT;
- We have policies of equal opportunities and equal access applying to all staff, paid and volunteer, and all visitors;
- We try to match the talents and interests of individual volunteers to roles that suit them;
- We provide volunteers with induction training (including health and safety) so that they willl be able to work safely and competently; and we offer them appropriate specialist training where required;
- We make sure that each volunteer has adequate support and access to a designated member of staff;
- We have insurance to cover every volunteer against injury while at work and any claim by a member of the public;
- We offer volunteers reimbursement of authorised actual out of pocket expenses;
- We inform volunteers about our policies, plans and programmes and invite them to contribute to our decision-making processes through existing management channels.
What you get from the scheme
- A chance to meet like-minded people;
- A chance to familiarise yourself with the ever-changing field of drugs;
- Drug awareness training;
- We provide references for our volunteers.
What you can give
How to join
- Supporting the DAAT in providing drug awareness programmes;
- Getting involved in the needs assessment surveys carried out by the DAAT;
- Contributing to the DAAT Website;
- Sitting on our advisory working groups.
You can download the application form below. Please send it as an attachment to us at